Sunday 1 April 2012

Masters of the Cover Art



Swedish painter Thomas Holm, born in 1957, is the man responsible for the "Melissa", "Don't Break the Oath", King Diamond's "Abigail" and others like swedish defenders of the faith Wolf's "Black Wings", to name just a few.

Mr Holm seems to enjoy a low profile, as it was extremely difficult to find any info on his work, this was the best I can come up with, but here's some more of his latest work with Wolf's Legions of Bastards.



Without a shadow of a doubt, "Don't Break the Oath", is one of the most attention grabbing covers ever, especially in vinyl (the first time I saw it, was in vinyl), which really works due to the size of the cover and outstanding colours. Again, I'm no art critic, but I'm allowed my personal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment