Friday 13 April 2012

CastleAxe - Castlemaster EP


CastleAxe are a heavy/speed metal band from Utah, U.S. and I bumped into them in the form of their EP Castlemaster, made available with the bands blessing at the virtual inn Morbid Tabernacle, a metal blog that I strongly recommend, just like the band.


The vocalist of CastleAxe, has a very distinctive style that sets the band apart from countless others. Granted, it might be a barrier for some, an acquired taste for others, or an instant hit (like in my case). The point is, you won't know till you've heard them and bear in mind that the band has lots more stuff going for them then just a polemic, albeit capable, vocalist. Insane solos, merciless, pounding rhythmic session and tunes catchier than bird flu, like "Damned (If I Do)", the opening track of the Castlemaster EP are just a few examples.


For the good of all things metal, I must warn you that metal archives still has the band page under the name Speitre (read Spider), although the name was abandoned in September 2011 in favour of CastleAxe.

I've already ordered the EP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment